Magazine     Articles     Blogs     Events     Clubs & Resources
by Unknown

Barrack: To cheer on (football team)
Bastard: Term of endearment
Bities: Biting insects
Boozer: A pub
Chook: A chicken
Coldie: A beer
Dag: A funny person, drongo, nerd, goof
Daks: Trousers
Esky: What Saffies call a Heb cooler
Full: Drunk
Garbo: Municipal garbage collector
Heaps: A lot, eg. “thanks heaps”
Hoon:  Hooligan
Lollies: Sweets, candy
Ocker: An unsophisticated person
Oldies: Parents
Rellie: Member of the family
Ropeable: Very angry
Schooner: Large beer glass in QLD; small beer glass in SA
Shonky: Dubious, shaky
Shout: Turn to buy a round of drinks
Slab: A carton of 24 bottles or cans of beer
Sook: Someone who is a softie or coward
Snag: A sausage
Spag bol: Spaghetti bolognese
Stubby: A beer bottle
Sunnies: Sunglasses
Thongs: Sandals
Tinny: Can of beer
Togs: Swimming costume
Uni: University
Unit: Flat, apartment
Ute: Utility vehicle

Posted in humour | More humour at Bosveld Koos
Posted by Unknown
01 Apr 2007
Im on a 457 visa will expire on Dec.2015 but I was terminated from work last june11,2013.I'm only working for 17 months in my sponsored employer.I find difficult looking for job now.I'm planning to go back Philippines next week.Can I comeback Australia after 2 months even without sponsor since my visa is valid until Dec.2015. Waiting for your response. Aleen Villa-39y.o carpenter
Rating: 5 / 5
by aleen villa on 26 Jun 2013

Hello Could you please suggest me? As I got MRT last year and section 48 applied on me. i didnt finish my business management studies but I have 3 years experience as a duty manager. Can I apply 457 Visa on Experience? when i will leave country to apply 457 i will have valid BVB if just in case my visa get refuse while i am out of Australia can i still come back on BVB? Regards Rocky
Rating: 4 / 5
by Rocky on 16 Jun 2013

Hi I am on 457visa in commercial cookery from 4 months there is any way to apply for PR after 1 year and what are requirements
Rating: 3 / 5
by ShinderPal on 25 Jul 2012

Hi I am on 457visa in commercial cookery from 4 months in Brisbane there is any way to apply for PR after 1 year and what are requirements
Rating: 3 / 5
by ShinderPal on 25 Jul 2012

applying PERMANENT RESIDENCY.. what are those requirements i need to comply with?
Rating: 5 / 5
by gerwin on 15 Mar 2012

HI if i grante PR frome 457 visa , i have to work for my boss again or i can cancle that, what happen if im not intresting about work there ?the govarment cancle my PR?
Rating: 2 / 5
by shiva on 18 Feb 2012

hi my name is sabu i have done ny study and also work in my field about 2 years as a commis chef i am looking for employer sponsorship please help me if u have any thanks sabu
Rating: 4 / 5
by sabu on 08 Dec 2011

I am on 457 visa (cook),completed one year,when can I apply permanent residency & how,please.
Rating: 5 / 5
by maninder on 26 Jun 2011

Hi i was wondering if we can apply permanent residency even without nomination from employer , ive been here for 4 yrs and worked in the same company . just recently renew my 457 but i want to apply for PR. my problem is , can i apply PR even without nomination (ENS) from my employer ?
Rating: 4 / 5
by totie0ct7 on 24 Mar 2011

Hi I was wondering if you can assist us with the correct information. We would like to start the migration application for Australia, my husband is South African (carpenter), I am Swiss, we have two young children. He needs to do the Skills Assessment as he does not have a formal qualification, but many years of work experience. We are concerned about the immigration policy change of 1 July which would make it much more difficult for us to migrate afterwards. My questions: Seeing that we only have 3,5 months left should we go the route of filling in the skills assessment form for a GSM visa or 457 temporary working visa? With the GSM visa we would have to try and get state sponsorship, too, which is very tight before July. With the 457 visa we would have to try and find an employer sponsorship. Would that fall into the same category as a State sponsorship meaning would we get additional points for this? (Geraint does not have enough points for an independent skills visa). Am I correct with these assumptions and what would you think is the best way to go? From your experience how long will these processes take about?
Rating: 5 / 5
by Gisela on 14 Mar 2011

Wish to know under 457 visa as i have done my diploma in hospitality and commercial cookery other than a cook are there any other jobs that i can do?
Rating: 4 / 5
by Noel on 03 Mar 2011

hi there, iam on 457 visa(as a cook)from last 1 year(still on job) and my age is 26yrs just wondering when iam eligiable for pr.(and my real brother is australian citizen) thanks mohammed
Rating: 5 / 5
by mohammed on 30 Jan 2011

may2008 to june2009 parttime.june2009 to january 2010 fulltime.change sponsorship and aprouv june2010.when can i apply pr.thanks
Rating: 3 / 5
by noorrany on 16 Jan 2011

Eeleen, we are all waiting for the Government to let us know how soon offshore PR applications will be processed that are for skills on the new SOL list. At the moment Government still process applications in the order they have been received. It could take anything between one year and 3 years to get your PR visa. If you ask your employer to do an Employer Sponsored visa you will get PR in 1-6 months depending on where the application is lodged in Australia. Why don’t you apply right from the start for an employer sponsored PR visa? It will save you money and effort.
Rating: 5 / 5
by Letitia de Lima on 13 Jul 2010

Hi I am doing the paperwork for 457. Can I apply for PR concurrently? Higher chances if I apply on or off shore? I have had my skills assessed and it is on the demand list. Thanks
Rating: 4 / 5
by Eeleen on 08 Jul 2010

dear sir/madam, my friend is working as a chef in melbourne past from 3 years and he applied for pr according to new immigration policy of australia will he get his pr please suggest me what should he doo
Rating: 5 / 5
by madhuri on 27 Jun 2010

I completed my Bachelor of Accounting 2008 and then applied my TR but got refusal in Aug 2009 because of IELTS. after that I got IELTS 6 each in Nov 2009. Meanwhile I applied for student visa. I got my student visa till Aug 2011 and now studying master of Accounting. Now I have another problem. After completing master CPA required 7 each in IELTS after 31st July and Im not that much good in IELTS to get 7 each. I am going to complete my certificate in Master of Accounting this month. Could you please advise what should I do. Can I apply for TR again on behalf of my Bachelor of Accounting and certificate in master of Accountinng.. Im in real trouble beacuse My marriage depend on my residence.
Rating: 5 / 5
by Ahmed on 06 Jun 2010

JCO: If you wish to stay in Australia there is only one visa you can file onshore and that is a permanent employer nomination scheme (or regional sponsored migration scheme) visa. All the other permanent skilled visas are offshore visas which means you have to be outside Australia when the visa is granted. That means that if you file an independent or family sponsored or State sponsored skilled visa and you lose your job on the current temporary visa before the permanent visa is granted, you will have to leave Australia if you cannot find another sponsor. Most permanent visas now take 3 years to be granted from the date of application.
Rating: 5 / 5
by Letita de Lima on 08 Apr 2010

Barinda: You will most probably be able to apply for a skilled graduate visa which allows you to work in Australia for another 18 months without a sponsorship. I cannot give any further advice as I do not know if he/she has had a skills assessment done through Trades Recognition Australia before 31 December 2010 or whether this still has to be done. Please see a Migration Agent as it is a complicated matter that has to take into account various matters such as the skills assessment and work experience.
Rating: 5 / 5
by Letitia de Lima on 29 Mar 2010

Ref to the last sentence of answer to Que 2: "After the first two years on the Subclass 457 visa the applicant will require a further three (3) year sponsorship from an Australian employer to apply for a permanent residency visa." Is this right? Best Regards.
Rating: 5 / 5
by Anonymous on 26 Mar 2010

We are on a 457 visa but my husband is at risk of losing his job/getting terminated. We are now living here in Adelaide for 2 years and we can't go back to our country (for many different reasons), kindly advise what other visa options can we get to apply for PR without the nomination/sponsorship of his current employer. Thank you...
Rating: 4 / 5
by jco on 19 Mar 2010

Hi sir/madam, I finished my certificate III in pastry and now I am doing Certificate IV in business, it will finish in september. i am doing job as assistant baker and my employer is ready to sponsor me. Now can i apply for work vissa in this situation. Please give me answer, what can i do? THANKS
Rating: 5 / 5
by barinder on 02 Mar 2010

There is no occupation list for Regional Migration Scheme Visas and you can nominate any occupation for the purposes of this visa providing you have a 3 year diploma qualification and/or work experience and a job offer from an Australian employer in Regional Australia.
Rating: 5 / 5
by Letitia de Lima on 22 Feb 2010

If my job not on sol nor ENS, is there ant possible pathway abridge from 457 visa to PR visa. Note: I got aus. registration to my occupaton and have been on ongoing employment.
Rating: 4 / 5
by Amed on 16 Feb 2010

dear/sir i have a 573 subclass and i apply for pr now wre i working they sponsor me for 457 visa as chef de parte position so my question is that when dimia approved my employer aplication and then i apply for 457 visa shuld at that time my visa subclass will change EX 573 TO BRIDIGING VISA A.
Rating: 5 / 5
by kirat on 31 Jan 2010

dear/sir i have a 573 subclass and i apply for pr now wre i working they sponsor me for 457 visa as chef de parte position so my question is that when dimia approved my employer aplication and then i apply for 457 visa shuld at that time my visa subclass will change EX 573 TO BRIDIGING VISA A.
Rating: 1 / 5
by kirat on 31 Jan 2010

I'm in Perth on a sub-class 457 Visa and I'll soon be elligable to apply for PR status. I never knew that my employer would have to re-sponsor me for a further 3 years, and even though that is not a major proble, I would like to know what the regulatins are once I have permanent status. In other words, am I still expected to work only in Western Australia or can I be transferred to another state? Can I be transferred to another country with my current employer? If I leave the company during the 3 year period, do I still have 28 days to find a new sponsor? Please keep in mind that although my job is on the SOL but I do not have a degree in my field and I'm 46 years old. Thanks...Darryll (Perth)
Rating: 5 / 5
by Darryll on 25 Jan 2010

Hi I have come to Perth with a Govt. Full Time Permanent Job in the Dept. of Health in Feb 2009 on a 457 visa.Now I can't apply for a PR visa as my occupation is not in the ENSOL/SOL list. Please advice if there is any other options for PR application ? Regards
Rating: 5 / 5
by AVIJIT BOSE on 25 Nov 2009

Dear Sir/Madam My situation: 1. Single male 2. Age: below 30 3. Have IELTS scored overall 7(6-6.5-7-7.5) 4. Material engineer from Imam Khomeini International University of Qazvin 5. Have 4 years work experience related to my major 6. Have been assessed as a Mechanical Engineer Technologist ASCO code 2128-13according to my submitted CDR’s by Engineersaustralia institute. *based on my situation I think I have 120 points according to my situation Furthermore, I have a friend in Sidney who has lived in Australia more than 20 years and he can support me in different aspects including: Accommodation, financial, finding job.... Considering the fact that my accepted classification is not in the Critical List and MODL: How long will it take you to obtain a Visa for me? If it is less than 2 years please inform me. It should be noted that I am willing to get 457 visa or every temporary ones but I have problem in finding a suitable employer. Can you help me officially? If you need more information please do not hesitate to contact me. Yours Faithfully Amir Reza Vahdati
Rating: 5 / 5
by Amir Reza Vahdati on 06 Nov 2009

I came to Australia with a student visa; however, currently I am on 457 sponsor visa. My employer is going to terminate me; my next plane is applying for a student visa. I have got two different advices from different agents. Some said you can apply onshore, others said because your country is in assessment level 3 you cannot apply onshore for a student visa. Could any one please help me?
Rating: 4 / 5
by Navid on 19 Sep 2009

is any fix salary in 457 visa
Rating: 4 / 5
by monu on 14 Sep 2009

You can apply now for permanent residency regardless of whether you have been here for 2 years or not on your Subclass 457 visa providing that you have a degree or trade qualification as required for your specific occupation and have acquired a positive skills assessment. Depending on your age and your points score you can either apply for an Independent Skilled visa, Family Skilled Sponsored visa or an Employer Nominated visa. If you do not have a formal qualification that will allow you to apply for a skills assessment then you have to wait for 2 years before you can apply for permanent residency and you will then require a further sponsorship from an Australian business.
Rating: 5 / 5
by Letitia de Lima on 10 Sep 2009

Gurtej, regarding the student visa question: You need to apply for a Subclass 457 visa first to allow you to keep working in Australia whilst you wait for your permanent visa application to be processed. If you have studied for 2 academic years in Australia you could perhaps apply for a Graduate Skilled Visa that will give you 18 months to stay in Australia whilst you wait for your permanent visa application to be assessed. On this visa you are also allowed to work unlimited hours and you do not require sponsorship from your employer. To file the permanent visa you need the English test and a skills assessment from Trade Recognition Australia and you must be able to show that you have worked full time for at least one year. Your best option will most probably be to apply for a Graduate Skilled visa and then for permanent residency. You need the English test (6 for each section) to apply for any visa now and you must have a minimum score of 6 for each section of the test.
Rating: 5 / 5
by Letitia de Lima on 10 Sep 2009

Lazarous, if you are under 45 years and have enough points, you could apply for a the Subclass 175 visa. If you have family in Australia that can sponsor you and you are under 45 years old then you could apply for a Subclass 176 visa. If you don’t have enough points or are 45 years or older you could apply for an Employer Sponsored visa (which could be regional or metropolitan). In all cases you can apply for the last mentioned visa at any time as you are a skilled tradesman. You need to do the English test first for all of the visa applications and get 6 for each section of the test.
Rating: 5 / 5
by Letitia de Lima on 10 Sep 2009

if i am on 457 so after 2 year can apply PERMANENT RESIDENCY
Rating: 4 / 5
by gurtej on 08 Sep 2009

i am on student visa now i finish my study i pass all the point but i am not clear the ielts exam but my boss sponser me as a cook in resturent so can i apply for pr in australia
Rating: 4 / 5
by gurtej on 07 Sep 2009

Rating: 5 / 5
by LAZAROUS DHUBE on 05 Mar 2009

Rating: 4 / 5
by Karooseun on 21 Feb 2009

Tell us what you think!
We respect your privacy! Your email address will not be published.
Please rate this article (1 low - 5 high) 
Please enter the security code shown
Articles by Author

Your search criteria returned 0 results.

Articles by Group

Your search criteria returned 0 results.

Copyright 2009 Sabona   |   Disclaimer   |   Privacy Policy    |   Articles
Island Printing Gold Coast.        Powered by webEFEKTs.